South Asia is politically divided into eight autonomous countries, including Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nepal, and the Maldives. Hence, here are all the veterinary universities you can find in South Asia.
- University of Peradeniya (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science), Sri Lanka
This state university was established in 1942 and it hosts nine faculties, including the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science.
- Bangladesh Agricultural University (Faculty of Veterinary Science), Bangladesh
The university was founded in 1961 and has six faculties and 43 departments covering all aspects of agricultural education and research. The Faculty of Veterinary Science has a number of departments.
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science), Bangladesh
This public agricultural university was founded in 1998. There are several faculties which are part of this university, one of them is the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science.
Established in 2006, this public university is the only specialized veterinary university in Bangladesh.
- Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science & Technology University (Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Science), Bangladesh
This government-financed public university, founded in 1979, consists of 9 faculties in HSTU with 47 departments.
- Rajshahi University (Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences), Bangladesh
This is the second largest university in the country which was established in 1953. The Faculty of Agriculture features the Veterinary & Animal Science department.
- Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University (Faculty of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine), Bangladesh
As the oldest agricultural institution in South Asia, this university features the Faculty of Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine.
- Sylhet Agricultural University (Faculty of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences), Bangladesh
Established in 1995, this government-financed public university has started its function on 2 November 2006.
- Herat University (Veterinary Science Faculty), Afghanistan
This public institute of higher education was founded in 1988 and hosts 14 faculties and 45 departments.
- Kabul University (Veterinary Science Faculty), Afghanistan
Established in 1932, this university consists of several faculties, among which is the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, which has five departments.
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Pakistan
Founded in 1975, this university consists of several faculties including Veterinary, Agricultural Science and Technology.
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Jhang, Pakistan
This college was founded in 2006 as an initiative for veterinary education. The programs are all accredited by the Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council.
- Islamia University, Pakistan
Islamia University was founded in 1925 and consists of an urban and rural campus.
- Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Pakistan
The Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences is part of this university, which was established in 2005.
The Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences under this university offers three degree/diploma programs, including Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, M.Phil and Ph.D. programs, and Livestock Assistant Diploma.
- Riphah College of Veterinary Sciences, Pakistan
This is a private school of veterinary medicine which was founded in 2012. It offers a five years Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
This public agricultural university was founded in 2010. It is similarly organized to agricultural universities in India, it is the only such university in Nepal.